We feel the following links will be of interest to undergraduates in the department:
- The Green Book - Undergraduate Studies Handbook
- Current Areas of Research - This link will take you to the page concerning current research by our faculty. Clicking on a particular area of interest on that page will take you to more links about that research and the faculty web pages.
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- SPS - Society of Physics Students
- Tutor list
- Job sites: APS and Compadre
- Physics Employment Statistics
COURSE OFFERINGS - The following links will provide information on courses offered in the department.
Astronomy - This link will take you to current astronomy page in the OU course catalog.
Physics - This link will take you to the current physics page in the OU course catalog.
To open a window to OU's course enrollment system click here. The link will open in a new window.
We have an awards ceremony each spring honoring our outstanding undergraduates in a variety of categories. Many of these include a monetary award, including the Fowler Prize whose winners are listed on a plaque which is placed in our lobby and which is reproduced in the previous link.
The Spring 2017 Undergraduate Studies committee members are: Kieran Mullen (Honors), Mike Strauss (Physics Advisor), Nathan Kaib (Astrophysics Advisor), and Brad Abbott (Engineering Physics Advisor)